Monday, September 3, 2012

Why is my MacBook Pro fan blowing nonstop even when I have nothing open and running?






Whenever my macbook pro isn't sleeping or off it is constantly making that white noise of a fan blowing and its very annoying and its making the battery die twice as fast. I've had my mac for over a year and this just started happening in the last couple weeks. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on or how I could go about fixing this in the cheapest way possible?

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Did you check your Activity Monitor to make sure nothing is hogging process power?

Sounds like something is seriously wrong.. like a broken temperature sensor.
If it's less than a year old or you have Applecare, take it to the Genius bar at an Apple store pronto.

Also, download SMC fan control.
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23049/s…

Edit: this is a MACBOOK people, not a f**cking Windows computer. It's probably NOT clogged with dust or having heatsink issues.
Macbooks don't have "vents at the bottom".


No comments: