Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Tennis Ball: The Secret of Unity






One day, I was playing tennis with some friends. When I was taking a rest, I was watching other people’s playing. Though the ball is small, it turned my head where it was. It was not only me. When I watched the heads of the audience who were watching US Open Tennis Tournament, the heads and the eyes of all the spectators were controlled by a tiny tennis ball.

That made me thinks of the source of unity of a family and a church. If a family or a church looks at Jesus and serves him alone, there will be unity among church’s members. Therefore, looking at Jesus as the pattern of our lives, serving him alone as the purpose of our lives, and trusting His power as the source of our strength for success will unite us all. 

Furthermore, if you look at Jesus asking what would Jesus do and obeying the instruction of the Holy Spirit, there will be unity between you and the Holy Spirit that will spring the unity in yourself and with others.  Looking at Jesus is indeed the secret of unity.

If you don’t look at Jesus and if there is no unity between you and Jesus, there will be an estrangement or separation in yourself, and with others.




No comments: