Thursday, June 28, 2012

Why does God give us freedom to choose?





Why is there so much suffering in the world?

How would a woman feel if a man pointed a gun at her and said, “Will you marry me? If you don’t, I will kill you!”

Sounds romantic, doesn’t it? Many people think that is what God is like. “You better love me or else I will make you suffer!”

This picture of God is wrong! He truly loves us. And genuine love always gives freedom. God says,

“If you want to live with Me, I promise, you will experience love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.”

“If you persistently choose evil, you will experience much pain and suffering as a natural consequence. If you persist in that lifestyle, you will eventually hate me. In fact, you will come to the point that you would rather die than live in my presence. Out of love for you, I will honor your choice, for I will never force myself upon you.”

On the other hand, Satan says, “If you want to learn about evil, you will have so much fun and pleasure, you will be glad you did. Any pain or suffering will be worth it. And I promise you, you will not die!”






No comments: